How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb Same Sex Marriage

Australia is currently being faced with the same sex marriage debate & I am finding it an ugly place to be.....

Yesterday I was spat on because I had a rainbow bracelet on my wrist...I've been followed around by people of faith calling me & my friends both straight & gay faggots....Tv commercials comparing same sex couples to paedophilia, our children to the stolen generation & told they are not from a normal family & are being neglected...Streets lined with horrible posters everywhere...

As an adult I was able to mostly just turn a blind eye to it & ignore their ignorance, however it's struck me hard when my daughter asked me if she was normal because everyone was staring at her because of me & it got me thinking how she must be viewing all this from her eyes.......

I wanted to see how others coped going through this sort of thing, what resources you found helpful, how did you explain this to your children to help them understand why people are saying this about their family? Did you stop wearing anything that was rainbow related so society couldn't identify you as LGBTIQ? Any books that you found helped explain things a little better?
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 2qt For This Useful Post: