Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
Okay, back. Blav and HSIN, thanks for bringing it to my attention that this was posted in another thread earlier. Sorry, I did not see it. Also, Admin, please can you correct the spelling in the title of this thread? I was in a rush and missed one of the y's in misogyny.

I found this article worthy of posting and timely. We have been discussing racism quite a bit. Sexism is also one of those embedded "isms". I do not think I am exempt from internalized sexism and flat out influenced by some masculine privilege.

I am not posting any of this to be provocative and just to stir it up. I am posting this and dedicating a thread specifically to Misogyny and Sexism because I believe this community is capable of looking at uneasy, difficult things and capable of self reflection and change.

It is true many woman around the world are suffering atrocities daily. I don't want to get into measuring the victim status. Subtle, blatant, physical, emotional abuse it's all not acceptable. Where do we begin to address this in our B-F/Trans/Gender Variant Community?
Doesn't matter if this was posted elsewhere at all. That might be a good thing (re.: circulation). I did read it somewhere else and thought it to be a clear analysis that just lays out some facts but doesn't inflame, which all too often causes division and halts our ability to even attempt change.

I think having a thread dedicated as such could be a very good thing just as the new thread on white priviledge might prove to be in promoting self reflection and change. Thanks, good idea!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote