Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

I am answering this over here so I dont clutter up the CIJS thread with my post.

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb0670 View Post
How does one resize a pic?
I, personally, go to this site - I like it because I can upload a pic from my computer to resize or I can copy/past the URL of a pic already on-line to resize. Then I save the resized pic to my computer, upload it to Facebook, grab the URL from there, and post it here.

I'll use pics for this one as well - once you try it, you will see how easy and fun it is and you wont be worried about resizing pics for this or any other site.

First, when you go to the above picresize site, you will either choose to upload a pic from your computer or you will enter a URL of a pic already on-line:

1. Choose "from computer" to upload a pic from your computer, then 2. click browse and choose the pic you want to upload, then 3. hit continue to upload the pic.

OR

1. Choose "from Web" to use a pic already on-line, then 2. add the URL in the box, then 3. hit continue to use that pic.

(I chose one from my PC because I didnt feel like doing an on-line search for a random pic. lol)

When you hit continue, you will go to this page - here is where you can do all kinds of things to the pic like crop, rotate, resize, add special effects, etc. In the above pic, you can see where you would crop, rotate, &/or resize using the drop down menu. The arrow points to the estimated final size after resizing and you can see that my pic is huge even when I choose the 50% smaller size. Ideally, for a site like this, you want to keep things around the 600 size, max - otherwise, the pic could be too big for people's screens, they may have to scroll to see it, etc.

Above is a pic of the drop down menu in action - you can see that you have several choices, including manual - so like if you are trying to make an avatar or icon and the site is specific about the pixel size (typically 100x100), you can manually change the size of the pic to 100x100.

The above shows my final choice for pic size - plus all of the other things I could do to my pic: special effects, saving it as a specific file, etc. For #4 Save As, I would leave all of that as the site has it because in most cases, you wouldnt need to change those options. When you are done with everything you want to change about the pic, click the "I'm done" button.

That brings us to the final page - you can choose view image, resume edit to go back and change more stuff, save it to your computer, or post it on-line somewhere. I usually click on view and then right click and save it because that's what I am used to doing, but your mileage may vary on that - it would probably be just as easy or easier to click on the "save to disc" button to save it to your computer - I just like to view it and see how big or small it is before I save it, that's all.

You can also see above those buttons what your file size was originally and what it is after the resize; and over to the right, you can see that you have 20 minutes to decide what you want to do on this page before the site wipes your pic clean.

Once you have the pic saved to your computer, you can upload it to Facebook, Flickr, whatever and from there, you can follow the other directions on how to post a pic to the site.

I hope that helps!
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post: