amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Religion or your belief in any form is always an interesting topic

I came here to read more on Atheists and find slamming others instead
As a person that likes to learn what others get out of their religion or belief, I'd appreciate it if someone would make some posts regarding the topic

I don't know much about Atheists other than they don't believe in God
I'll be back at another time to read more from the OP and other posters
Hi Wolfy
like everyone else, atheists have feelings and don't like to have others say things that imply they are out of tune with things in life. Hence the negativity.
Personally I have spent to much time in my life defending others rights to believe as they chose to not comment on this.

What do atheists, agnostics, pagans, spiritualists, humanists, etc believe? As with any belief, what is believed varies from person to person.

Personally I am a lapsed Catholic, a nonbelieving one though. I am quiet comfortable not knowing. I am clueless about what happens after life and don't at my age feel a need to know. I find that the older I get the less need I have to have any type of religious belief. I understand that it won't change anything, at all, about how I live my life.
I have ethics and values, arrived at by rational thought and kindness. The most basic of these values will be found in the basics of ANY religious belief.
Then again, most of them could change based upon extreme situations.

I believe that the planet is "alive" in the sense that all its systems work together and it changes, evolves and grows.
I believe that it is wise to work in harmony with the planet and with each other.
I believe most people are basically good (psycopaths/sociopaths being the true exception)
I believe most people want the same basic things, acceptance, love, to live and grow, raise a family if they chose, and to find some semblance of happiness.
I believe there are many paths to truth. BY this I mean, if you need a god to tell you not to kill or you will go to hell ok, I can figure out that if I get to kill someone, then the next person gets to kill someone, and someone may decide to kill me, so it is probably not a good thing to kill.
however god can forgive the breaking of the thou shall not kill command, freeing believers from guilt. I have no such system in place. If I kill without extreme justification (like that person is going to kill me) then I will live with the guilt of my actions the rest of my life.

enough for now

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post: