Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Aging of Lesbian Nation

Lesbian nation always felt so empowering to me so I am going to use it to start a thread about people thoughts for things we might need as a group in the coming future.

Some of the things we needed early in our journey arent necessary anymore, some have become more diversified just for economical survival, some have become almost extinct as the mainstream economic world realized our buying power and expanded their product lines.

But, some of us are baby boomers reaching a new dimension in our journeys. We have, once again, the challenge of charting new waters as we age in an era of greater freedom, visibility, opportunities, potentialities,
needs, and hopefully some financial security.

The Alapine link I posted is an example of some creative planning done by some women, with certain preferences, across the later spectrum of life stages.

So, it had me thinking.... what might we all need, want, like to see, fantasize about as we reach or even just contemplate our maturity.

I have heard of some folks planning for alternative lifestyle retirement communities with independent living apartments, assisted living, and nursing home care. Of course these were complete with the recreational facilities as well. Mighty costly endeavors to build, maintain, and live in. Concept is nice tho.

When I was working, we had a program for adult foster care that was wonderful. As an expansion, during the early parts of the AIDS epidemic, someone thought to offer the program to gay couples - as care providers had to be non-relatives this worked well. In addition to income, the couple received nursing and social work intervention as well. It worked wonderfully!

Here on the Cape, we still have those old, rambling Captains houses which I would love to own and develop into an adult lesbian co-op. Reminds me, I need to go get lottery tickets.

Does anyone else have thoughts on what they might like to do or see or be a part of?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: