katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Many Native American people consider or considered gays as holy men. Not sure about women though or the rest of our community.

What I visualize for the future is a place where a person does not even have to come out to others. It won't matter. It does still matter in so many places. I visualize our being able to marry (or not) with all the fanfare and perks straight people receive and the honor and acceptance they receive when they decide to marry.

I visualize families just accepting their children for who they are without condition. We all know this is not happening. I visualize a time when young people do not feel so despondent about their sexuality they feel there is nothing left but to take their own lives. I want to see our families be as open and respectful of our relationships that they receive.

I want to see us being able to work in a stable environment where we don't have to fear the reaction of our co-worker's and superiors. Where we can place photos of our families on our desks with pride and admiration of our families like our straight workers and bosses get.

I believe that when all this comes to pass; we will have stronger relationships with all this undue stress placed upon the relationship. I believe there would be less addictions in our community, depression and suicides.

Perhaps in some parts of the US (and the rest of the world) this is a reality. But in most of the US it is not.

Just a few thoughts on the matter.....