katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Christie and I had a conversation a couple months ago about this very thing. A popular fitness club based in Richmond had denied a lesbian couple a "family membership", which created a bit of a stir in the LGBT community.

Fortunately, not all of the health and fitness clubs are so close minded about a) what is a family or b) who deserves to be "healthy".

Here is a pretty nifty article about it:

http://www.gayrva.com/2010/08/03/ame...esbian-couple/

Not sure if the YWCA system is operated by different rules in different parts of the country, but at least in Richmond, we are family!
these are the kinds of issues that was on my mind. For some of us; it can be a daily event and in the end how can it not have an affect on us in some way. I think it does whether it is right there on the surface or down deeper in our subcon mind. And over time, this can have a lasting affect on our relationships with self, family, friends, work, etc.