pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

I have Kindle on my iphone and it's great for reading in restaurants. My friends think I'm checking work email and low and behold I'm reading a book. Yeah I'm -that- girl.

Kiwi - on a PC digital books aren't my thing. I used to travel with half my luggage full of books, now I load my phone and save my back. You are right though, there is NOTHING like the feel of a real book.

I also collect antique books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
I always have a book on the go….I tried reading the first book of the Twilight series and gave up after 3 chapters, lol! I took the trilogy back to the library and got out a couple of historical fictions to read.

My cousin downloaded the Kindle PC app for my laptop….I cannot get on with it….it doesn’t feel the same when reading! I love to feel the weight of a book in my hands as I read….to feel the texture of the paper….to smell the book whether new or old. ….I’m the same with newspapers, lol! I will remain a traditionalist in this way (and a few others, lol!) and will not go willingly into the 21st century with eReaders....*Stamps foot in stubbornness, then sits down and pulls out a paperback book for a quick -ish read* LOL!

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post: