View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #16
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgeek View Post
I have Kindle on my iphone and it's great for reading in restaurants. My friends think I'm checking work email and low and behold I'm reading a book. Yeah I'm -that- girl.

Kiwi - on a PC digital books aren't my thing. I used to travel with half my luggage full of books, now I load my phone and save my back. You are right though, there is NOTHING like the feel of a real book.

I also collect antique books.
I used to have a collection of antique books, but, with living a semi-nomadic life for 20 years…. I lost them when I moved to Scotland, the removal company somehow ‘mislaid’ the box ….it broke my heart. I haven’t felt like replacing them, yet! Maybe some time in the future when I’ve settles down.

I always get books from the Library and if I like them, then I’ll buy them to re-read, again in the future. My Scottish cousin bought me the complete Hercule poirrot short stories for my birthday last year….I’d read a story once a week so I could savour the book, lol!

I take a book into a restaurant or café and read. If I take my hand embroidery, I frequently get asked to show what I’m stitching and then a conversation starts up….I’m happy to chat, but, sometimes I just want my own time a space, especially at lunchtime when I’m feeling frazzled and I want to sit quietly eating my lunch, lol!

I will still carry a handful of books in my luggage as well as my hand embroidery, lol!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post: