Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
her favorite snack

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
You really think you'll be around after we have poisoned our land and water? I give you , maybe a year. It'll be your companies, your corporations, your energy companies, your drive for capital that destroys us all. we are your liberal , "nice" neighbours...and if you destroy your own country, we have little doubt you'll eat and destroy us first.

So, please don't go on about how we will have killed off everything you look for up here...you'll have levelled and laid us to waste long before you start eating your young.

We struggle to survive being your neighbours but we know full well you will not respect anything about our survival or culture if yours is at stake.

Want to come here? Great! But come because you love what you see is possible here, not because you think we are are just mini versions the USA... and not because we exist only in your shadow and will come begging for help once you've raped everything we fight so hard to protect.

Kitttygrll..we really are a decent, peaceful and culturally respectful country. If you don't believe that, you, honestly, don't need to have us on your wish list. But please do find some other country to bash. Long as you leave us alone, we'll be fine and we will treat refugees, even yours, with generosity and respect.
I don't think you ever heard me say I wanted to live in Canada because I think of it as a mini U.S. That is so wrong! I've visited Canada on so many occasions and have loved the people I met and the peaceful nature of your country. I consider myself a person without a country as many indigenous people of the Americas have. My people were killed by the thousands by disease introduced by missionaries. Our land and country stolen. Our people shot with cannonballs. That fire still burns bright whenever I think about it. But that is the past and there is no way I will ever get my country back again. The U.S is a violent society and while there are beautiful things here, it doesn't make up for all the ugly things I see. As far as the destruction of both lands because of oil and natural gas you don't have to be a prophet to see it is happening in Canada to an alarming degree and I don't understand why Canadians are not stopping it. In any case, it seems some here want to jump to conclusions about my motives without first asking why I've wanted to move there. I have stated a few and to be honest I really don't believe I should have even had to explain myself at all but I don't like it when someone assumes they know my motives. Maybe Canada isn't as wonderful as I always believed it to be. It's fine, if I have the time I will dream another dream.
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post: