How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Kelt, great to have you in here. Besides likin' ya a whole lot, you are always so interesting and full of knowledge.

I only shower at the gym if I have gone swimming because I'm usually eager to clean my swim suit by wearing it in the shower and then to get the chlorine off my skin as well. Otherwise I wait until I get home because it's a much nicer experience.

I find people don't pay attention to each other in the locker room and shower if I don't make eye contact and give off a "busy" vibe. Or if I'm clearly wearing headphones that also helps. Of course, I'm not a butch so I can speak to that. I did once have a bad experience with a gym staff person in the locker room telling me to use the back of the locker room because I'm heavy. I immediately burst into tears and reported it. I haven't had other looks-related issues, and the showers at my gym are private (though they have sucky water pressure so I use home anyway.).

So, how long does it take you to do 9-10 miles and what do you do for those 9 to 10 miles? What does your exercise walking involve (what type)? Do you do other things along the way? Do you just listen to natural sounds? What time of day do you do it? Do you wear sun screen? Just interested to hear more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I haven't been in here much because frankly my exercise is the same every day which doesn't really lend itself to daily reporting. I'm going to begin a new workout program either mid August or 1 September that will involve me trying to gain some lean muscle. Before I can do that, I have to drop a few pounds of fat tissue that I picked up over the last few months as a direct result of just plain eating more than I needed.

So, yesterday I embarked on some changes to drop this bit of fat before moving onto the next phase. I have increased my slow cardio distance by about 35% and am dropping about 200 – 300 cal per day off of my intake. Basically, I'm staying on the beach until I'm about ready to drop. Right now that equals 9 – 10 miles per day.

I have been shopping gyms the last couple of months. It has been about three years since I used a gym and that last time I only went for a couple of months because it just wasn't the right place for me then. I really want to go someplace that has a decent pool. When I was touring facilities I made an interesting discovery. I thought my only phobia was going to be getting into a pool (can't swim), but I discovered a whole new one.

This one is mostly for the butchs, although any input is welcome. Throughout my life when I have used gyms it would seem that I have never needed to use the locker room. I guess I always just showed up in workout attire and then would go home afterwards. Is it just me? Or are locker rooms sort of like a public restroom experience except an order of magnitude worse? When checking out places I wanted to check out the locker rooms too, I know that if I'm going to try swimming this will involve showers and honestly I am quite modest. I was wanting to see if the showers were private. They either aren't or are only semi-at best. Whole other level of freak out for me, and apparently other patrons also.

This is really weird because I live in a very friendly and accepting community. I can only think that because they are sitting around nekkid and only see me for a quick second the 'sir' affect must kick in and make them uncomfortable.

I know this probably sounds odd to other people but I am really quite uncomfortable showing myself under any circumstances and this ain't gonna to make it any easier. I bought the swimsuit that covers down to my knees and elbows, and up to the neck. It's the business of getting in an out of it and showering that has me trippin'.

I will have to get over it obviously, but was wondering if anyone else has this problem. (I know lots of folks have some modesty issues, what I'm really asking about is the "you're in the wrong place fella" effect)

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: