How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,586 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Dapper, you hit both points exactly. When I was in the locker rooms the women who were undressed had a more pointed reaction to my presence. Yes, significantly more than the restrooms. Point two is probably what's been holding me back from my original start date a few months ago. Combined with the fact that I myself would have to be visible (hell, I don't even let my doctor see me), I'm not really sure how I'm going to pull this off.

I have been trying to figure out someway to get in and out without having to use that space while still being able to do a weight workout and a water session in the same visit.

I have postponed too long and I want to be able to get in a good 12 week run before January when everything will get all clogged up. I was then going to take January and February as a period for maintaining my gains from the fall and assess at that point whether or not I need to do another 12 – 16 week run at that time.

So far, I think I'm just going to have to tough it out. Part of why I am writing all of this in here is to hold myself accountable, so that I won't chicken out again. I hate that it has to be like this. Just when I think I've got it all figured out how to move around in this world I run into another brick wall. It is tiring after 50 years.

Thank you for being able to articulate that succinctly.
This might not work for you but one butch I know puts on her bathing suit and then puts on her workout clothes on top of that. She does her land workout (weights or whatever) then goes into a bathroom stall and takes off the clothing. Her gym has a bathroom that's not in the locker room so she never has to go in the locker room at all. She has a towel in her car to sit on since her suit is wet from swimming. She then goes home and showers.

I really hate that butches have to go to such lengths just to use a public gym. It makes me so sad and frustrated. Good luck to you Kelt whatever you decide to do.
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post: