View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #410
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Kelt,

I am also a numbers person when it comes to my workouts. I like to have tangible proof of what I did, although I did know that the readings were overestimated on the machines and I adjust accordingly.

But....seriously.....42% on the ellipticals? Wow. That's a tremendous difference.

As for the showers, I don't like to shower in public at all. It's a 'stuff' preference rather than a 'person' preference. I like my stuff in a certain place and when I have to do that kind of stuff outside of my usual routine, it throws me off and I'm uncomfortable. I'm definitely a creature of habit, so even when I was at the Y that had a pool and jacuzzi, I never changed there. I waited until I got home.
Gemme, I am also an absolute creature of habit. Routines drive pretty much all of my behavior. I am sure that is why this never came up for me before, in fact, this is the first time I've really thought about it. Big surprise for me!! I just always did all of my stuff at home. The only reason for this is wanting to try getting into a pool. For orthopedic reasons I think it would be a very good idea for me, both now and in the future. So, yeah I'm going to have to figure this one out.

The numbers, especially on the elliptical, we're pretty disturbing for me too. I figured that at least this way I won't be head-scratching if something doesn't turn out the way I planned it to due to an error in somebody else's calculations.

I have been investigating some of the full on activity trackers but sadly, the two that hold the most interest for me are not available yet. That's okay, the system I have in place now has been working pretty well. I will just stick with that.

Off to the beach!!

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: