Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

The last 3 evenings I spent with a music ministry of an elderly woman who is from CA. She is very involved in researching the background and what happened to the folks such as Mary M., Martha, and Lazarus after Christ died. What happened to them, where their lives took them. And so on.

The one thing she spoke of is "relationships". The love of our Creator to us, with us, and us with other people. We are all born perfect, and in His image. There are no mistakes in life. The mistakes made, are all human. We need to find that place of peace, to accept not only ourselves but others as they are. And she used the example of when Martha invited Christ to dinner. She thought it was just Him. Jesus brought his Disciples, friends, women, and on and on. So think about the cooking that had to be done. The food that had to be hunted, cleaned up, cooked, and so on. To say one thing, and yet something totally different happen. To share a meal with anyone for me, I find that to be so incrediably loving and a gift. It is something that I enjoy and charish. And back in those times, it was a huge deal. Martha had a large garden with herbs, flowers, and vegetables. When Martha and Mary got back to Martha's house, Mary went outside to pick flowers to put by Christ's bed. Now mind you, Martha was angry. Think about all the people coming to eat dinner, and the food required hot and ready to eat. And here is Mary out in the garden picking flowers. Her thinking was off. But was it really? Everyone has a gift. We have no idea if Mary M. could cook, bake bread, or even plant a garden. Maybe that is all she was able to do. So why be mad at her?

I think that words and meanings is what Gracefaith and I struggle with. Please correct me if I am wrong with this Gracefaith. We say 1 thing, mean something else in our mind totally at times, and how people react is yet another way. It is the same with Martha inviting Jesus to dinner. She thought it would just be Jesus. Instead, it is a huge crowd. And there is her sister Mary M. out picking flowers.

Make sense?

Peace to all here today.

Namaste,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post: