Old 02-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #10
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default The Healthcare Bill, what have you done for it?

I am happy to say I am proud of Speaker Pelosi (my representative) for passing a better than sucky Health Care Bill. The Senate on the other hand, well, they passed a sucky bill. But the fact is, even that sucky bill will cover 30 million more Americans. No, 30 million more is not ALL Americans, but it is 30 million more and if passed no one will have to go bankrupt from medical expenses. And there is still a chance to make the Senate Bill better. Both the Senate and the House Bill have to be reconciled before the final bill can be signed by the President. That could happen this week!

I am asking fellow planet-iers to please please please, in this next week, call your Senators and Representative and tell them what you want in the bill. Online petitions do not get attention, emails do not get attention, but actual phone calls from actual constituents (know your zip code) get attention. The receptionist will write down your brief message and they add up, so please keep it brief and keep it polite. It takes all of 5 minutes.

The call will go like this:

Ring Ring

Receptionist: "Senator X's Office",

You: " Hi, I would like to leave a comment regarding the health care bill",

Receptionist: "OK, Go ahead."

If you want some talking points here are mine:

* Inclusion of the public option (available to all)
* The Medicare buy-in at 55 (or lower)
* Ending Anti-trust exemptions for Insurance Co.s
* Drug re-importation from Canada and elsewhere
* Drug price negotiation in Medicare Part D
* Increasing subsidies for low income citizens.

Receptionist: "And where are you calling from" or "and what is your zip code"

You: "your zip code or county"

Receptionist: "Thank You"

If you need to find your congress critter's phone numbers this website directs you. Or can google your zip code and "senator" or "representative"

http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

Please call this week as there is a huge push to get 1 million calls in favor of fixing and then passing this bill. And please ask your friends to participate and re-post, re-tweet, freely.

If you plan to call can you post that on this thread so we can keep it fresh and people can find out about this million phone call push?

I thank you and the other 30 million without health insurance thank you.

key is offline   Reply With Quote