Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,910 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

My spouse's daughter is an addict, and it has been extremely difficult for us to deal with over the years. I just do not have the patience for my stepdaughter's drama anymore, I feel I have more than enough to worry about with taking care of her Mother. We have helped her out countless times and she continues to lie to us and she would still be stealing from us if I didn't forbid her from coming to our house. I used to give in to her and I guess I was an enabler, along with my spouse, but now that my spouse's health has deteriorated to the point it is , I feel it is too unsafe for my stepdaughter to be around her Mother. I'm not preventing them from having a relationship, she can come over as long as it is a "supervised" visit. If not myself, than my stepson or step grandson has to be there to ensure my stepdaughter does not steal her Mother's medicine or our dogs seizure meds, and anything else she can get ahold of to sell for money for heroin. She also can be violent and I have to make sure my spouse is safe. It is heartbreaking some days and I have cried and prayed about it, and finally came to the decision that I'm going to practice tough love with her. No more money, no more bailing her out of jail, etc. I pray she will reach her rock bottom point and decide to get the help she needs one day soon. I had a stepsister that had the same problem and she died in her early fifties from it.