Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations to him and hope he gets to come home soon!

Zimmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb0670 View Post
UPDATE ON ETHAN
I know it has been awhile since i posted anything about him, but now...
For 13 years this Man was told," You will never walk again", "Might as well get used to being in a chair for life", "You have no need for physical therapy", etc etc etc.
After two weeks of physical therapy in the rehabilitation facility..
Ethan went from being able to stand for less than 10 seconds to....
Walking with a platform walker.. for... 350 Feet today!
Talk about amazing!!
They have been using ultrasound on the front and back of his knees, and working with him, and pushing him, and encouraging him and he is making sooooo much progress!
He is turning into Someone i never knew. He is wanting to work out.. He is wanting to stay out of bed, he is not reaching for extra pain meds.. He is really trying and forcing Himself to not give in to the pain that accompanies Him.
This is the first time in 13 years.. that someone.. has cared enough to say You can do this.. and then help him do it.
Hard part about all this, and please forgive me if this sounds selfish...
But i can't help it..
They are looking at keeping him there another 5 weeks.
Their goal is to get him completely out of his wheel chair and get him walking with maybe an assistance of just a cane.
That is another 5 weeks of sleeping alone, being a single mom.. yet again.. and travelling back and forth between the rehab and home.. and take care of everything else..
But to have him be able to walk again.. and not need a wheel chair..
it will be worth it.
I just have to remember that this is not about me right now..
It is about him finally getting the care and attention and help he has been denied for 13 years..
i can wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post: