View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
nekohl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 2,162 Times in 382 Posts
nekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

I think its interesting that people think I'm the one lying. I give my customers all of the info I have on a car, show them competative sets on other cars, show them accurate numbers on their trade etc. I'm honest in how I talk to them, but they project their preconceived notion of "scummy carsalesman" on me.

Meanwhile a customer will lie their faces off to me....
"Oh yep, I got me new tires on this car I want to trade in" when clearly the tires are bald or worse!

"Well, the OTHER dealership has the same car and they are $2000 less than you" meanwhile I can pull up any other dealer's inventory and prices and see that in fact Mr customer the other dealer does not have the same car for less.

"Nope, this car I'm trading in has never been in a wreck" when I can pull up their VIN and see wrecks, body work, salvaged titles etc!

And my favorite is the "yep I like this car, I just have to go get my husband/wife/mom/dad/kids off the bus/some other excuse to leave" then never come back or answer my messege when I call to see if you are still interested. If you don't like my car, my feelings won't be hurt! O
O
Why is it ok for customers to lie to me when I'm nothing but honest with them?

Thanks for the vent space