Old 10-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #8
SecretAgentMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
Redheaded Bellydancing Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very married

SecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I'm currently unemployed, but until last February I worked for a cell phone company that caters to AARP members. I have literally hundreds of stories.

At least 10 times a day:
Customer: You sold me a piece of shit phone! This thing is broken! I've only had it a month!
Me: I'm sorry to hear that, let's see if we can find the problem.
C: The problem is it's broken!
M: Okay, what exactly is going on with it?
C: It's broken!
M: I understand. I'm just trying to determine the exact problem.
C: The problem is that it doesn't work! Stop wasting my time and send me new phone!
M: I'll be happy to help, I just have to go through a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can find the problem first.
C: I told you it's broken, are you calling me a liar?
M: Not at all, this is just standard procedure. If you press and hold the power button, does anything happen? Beeping, flashing lights, any error message?
C: I already told you a hundred times that it's broken! It doesn't work! Are you stupid?
M: Please just press and hold the red button on the left side of the keypad.
C: Fine, but it won't work. I already told you it's broken. You're going to send me a new phone or I'm going to sue you!
*through the phone, I hear the cell phone's startup music as the phone powers on*
C: Bitch. *hangs up*

Seriously. Over and over again, all day long. I was never so happy to leave a job.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SecretAgentMa'am For This Useful Post: