Old 05-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #80
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
I am out more than I thought I would ever be at work. It's not common knowledge but I have told a few people that are close and then there are also some gay people there that are out and they know as well.

I don't discuss it for just any old reason. But, if someone is trying to fix me up (rme) as in wanting me to meet their brother for the 5th time (rme again) I finally just tell them so I can get on with things and try and hang out with the few that know my sexual preference without all that stuff.

My boss also knows because i felt that was important in case i am someday in a relationship and my partner or their family get sick/die etc.

I have been totally accepted by it all at least to my face. It makes me more comfortable and i'm glad i've at least told the few that I have.
Wrote this back in Sept last year. It's fun to go back and see past posts and see the amount of progress or changes we make in life isn't it?

Many at work know i'm gay now. I have found my company is very accepting however i am still somewhat careful with whom i tell. Mostly because it is no one's buisness unless "i" feel like it is.

Snacktime has met my boss, the office secretary and as a matter of fact also met my company's pastor (hospice clergy). They were very accepting and treated him with respect and ask about him from time to time and stuff.

It feels good to be accepted. It feels good to not hide. Now, just gotta work on the rest of the world.... *smiles.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: