Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
We believe it's a woman. Until I meet the author in person, I cannot know one way or another. Regardless of who wrote it, doesn't mean it needs to be continued and propagated elsewhere. There are lots of weird stuff on the Internet and thanks to sites like Snopes, we're able to find truth (or falsehoods) in many of those things. I do not have to take it at face value as being true.

Now, as to whether I can speak for women, true. I may not being a position to speak on behalf of women but I can certainly speak on behalf of myself, as a man, how it bothers me and how I feel it's inaccurate and full of stereotypes.
Or maybe it's true for this woman's perspective and some people she knows personally.

Again, I'm not cis-sexed, nor do I date many straight women (for whom this article speaks), so, eh...who knows.

I think it definitely promotes heterosexist and cis sexist norms and standards, and I choose not to participate in perpetuating those standards.

I'm not arguing with you...just conversing.

Dylan
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote