View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 03:06 AM   #65
Nightshade

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:

Nightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I want to see her out in her glory.....tits showing, slit up the side of her leg skirt, shoes that make me wet (I'm a shoe whore, what can I say), looking/acting like sex walking....ok.....mmmm.......I lost my train of thought....oh yeah.....that is an OS femme in my book...one who owns her body and her sexuality and is not afraid to show the world....and fuck em if they don't like it.

I am always puzzled by the linking of 'old fashioned' with 'old school'. They are two different things in my mind. They are not linked together for me. IF they were, then I would be kicking a butch's ass who looked at my date, making butches ask me (not her) if they can dance with her...and a whole lot of other old fashioned ways of treating women.

I came out in what most folks think of as OFOS times...early 70's.....there is a whole bunch of that old school stuff that I hate and most of it is centered in the old fashioned way in which women were treated.

So for me........I am truly old school. But I truly dislike and am not old fashioned.
Actually, if old fashioned = asexual, victorian, patriarchal oppression then I'm right there with you! But I think perhaps that was mostly a socially acceptable facade. The 'passing' front that everyone presented but most didn't live.

Not having lived through it though, it's complete speculation on my part. I can only imagine though that that embodiment of OF as 'prudishness' had to have been more prevalent in heterosexual lives than in the Butch/femme community where waiting for marriage and having sex to procreate simply wasn't a part of the equation.

And while us femmes have always gotten positive (if unwanted) feedback about our desirability, I cling strongly to the ideal that my foremothers carried within their very core the knowledge that it was up to them to show the butches of the world that they too were sexual forces to be reckoned with. That they were wanted. Needed. Craved. Utterly desired beyond all reason. It was in intricate part of the dance.

I refuse to believe that respect and/or sexual hunger was lacking for either party 'back in the day.'
Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nightshade For This Useful Post: