View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #38
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PlayfulFemme View Post
Like many here have stated, I believe in God because of the sheer force of Nature. There's a saying...Nature is the art of God....I love that saying. I believe it to be truth. Two minutes on my back porch tonight. Snow falling gracefully from the sky, a slight breeze, the sounds of the creek behind my house as the running water dances over the ice that has formed, the birds chirping their thanks for the birdfood that's out, the clouds racing across the sky..as if trying to get somewhere before the sunset. And the sunset itself....how can one look at that and NOT believe in a greater being???

The perfection of a child, a rose, a stormy night. The silence of a snowy evening. The peace that overcomes me when I step into the Lord's house (not every church has it..but when one does....there's no feeling like it for me). The smile of a baby. The senses we were given in order to enjoy creation.

The completion I feel in my heart when I search for "why I believe". The sense of the One who was there when my world was crumbling. The pulse that runs through my body, the blood that rushes through my veins, the intense abilities of the mind.

A million and one reasons that I believe...and tomorrow..there will be at least a million and two.

Lovely post and very positive. Your sentiments are appreciated.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post: