How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post

i have noticed in games what i felt like was an a attack on a single player.

i always thought it was just me but i know i saw Tom Brady being targeted in one game. If there is a bounty for a players head they sure won't care about a silly roughing the kicker or late hit on the QB.

What is sad is have so many times often though each game was fixed.
I think they do attack a single player. Especially someone like Brady. But that's part of the game. A clean hit is one thing. I mean it's football not golf, people are supposed to hit each other...and hard. But not in ways that are bound to cause injury. Accidents happen, but if you do it on purpose it's no accident. And if somebody is paying you to purposely end someone's season or career then that just sucks. And it's cheating. If you can't beat someone fair and square then I don't care what the score says, you didn't beat them period. Winners never cheat and cheaters never win even when they walk away with the Lombardi Trophy. But then as I said, I'm a bit naive.

About games being fixed, you know I've wondered that sometimes. But logistically I don't think it's possible to fix games. I mean when you consider the only way to keep a secret is not to tell anyone or to kill them immediately after you tell them, something like the entire NFL fixing games would be one hell of a secret to keep. I imagine you can pay off individual refs or even individual players to throw a game, but that's really not a guarantee. And as long as some refs or some players are blissfully unaware the fix is in, the game can end up playing out almost fairly. Especially with instant replay and the red flag. Also I have a hard time imagining that elite athletes like these guys are would want to play fixed games. It's not like they don't make pretty good money already. What would be the motivator?
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: