View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #2108
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default haluski recipe for Steeler games!

OK Jagg put on the polka music!!......

one medium vadalia onion sliced
one medium cabbage, I remove the core and slice/shred
about a stick of butter
and a package of wide egg noodles ( i use the no yolks noodles)
1/2 cup of chicken stock
2 cloves of garlic chopped
salt and pepper to taste

in a large skillet, melt the butter and give the onions a head start with the butter, after a few minutes or so add in the cabbage, garlic and the 1/2 cup of chicken stock and cover over med-heat. Stirring occasionally. The cabbage will give off water so you should be ok, in part you are frying and steaming. Cook the noodles per directions and keep them (drained) in the pot you cooked them in. (set aside some of the noodles as I don't use the whole package) The cabbage should take 10/15 min and you can tell by poking with a fork if its cooked. Be careful not to cook it till its mush! When the cabbage mixture is done, salt-pepper and mix it in with the noodles. At this point you have haluski......in which you can eat just traditional or add grilled kielbasa, I like to add in cottage cheese on my plate cause I think its pretty yummy!

It may read a little complicated but really its easy to throw together. There are so many variations and after you make this once you will add your own twists here and there, some like it hot n spicy! I think it is a great as a meatless meal. Enjoy however your version goes!

Now turn on the game and watch some awesome Steeler football games!
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post: