Old 07-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #18
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Im with you both on the winner:

SPOLIER: DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED THIS WEEK'S EPISODE:

So, Im beginning to think that Jacklyn's work, or at least all of them so far, have been a study in narcissism. Although I do have to say that I liked her work this week much, much better than anything she has done so far. The white splotches were cheesy - something that felt like a deliberate attempt to be "edgy" or...I dunno...a way to blur the faces as an attempt to hide her love of exhibitionism.
Im also irritated by how many times she has asked other people to think for her about her "next step".

I did like Miles's work this week but my FAVE was Abdi! That portrait of the cheeserific smiling race-car driver was so fun and bursting wit forced joy. The labels all over the outfit were pretty great. It was almost a throwback to how people will feel better about themselves based on what car they drive or what label they can wear and the smile on the portrait that Abdi painted felt like an ode to that

I HATED the "rock around the clock" thing. It looked like a crazed 5th-grade art project.

I also hated the collage with the half-woman, half-car thing that whats-his-name did as an ode to his girlfriend. It felt kinda flat or something, a little too myspacey.

I was glad to see the other guy who usually does photography step out of his box this week but agreed that his map-portrait looked like art in a hotel room. I hope he doesnt go home next because I think he is talented.
I forgot about Abdi - I've liked all his stuff so far. His very first painting was awesome.

Yeah the photographers' "map" was bad. maybe with different colors and a more kinetic feel it could have worked, maybe. but as it was. no.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote