View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 05:21 PM   #4665
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,589 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
The French Open, plus the three other Grand Slam tournaments, issued a joint statement Sunday announcing that world No. 2 Naomi Osaka has been fined $15,000 for skipping her media obligations following her Round 1 win against Patricia Maria Țig at Roland-Garros. Osaka was also warned about the consequences of continuing to skip media sessions, which could be a whole lot worse than a $15,000 fine.

Osaka said last week that she would not participate in any of her contractually mandated media obligations during the French Open due to mental health concerns.

I don't know who else has been following this story, but I am finding it very interesting!

With Oprah's new series "The Me You Don't See" and other attention being paid to mental issues recently, why aren't there more concerns about Osaka's claim's about facing the press during tournaments causing mental issues?

And as for the statement issued by the powers who be, The statement also emphasized that the rules are in place to ensure that "all players are treated exactly the same, no matter their stature, beliefs or achievement," and that the Grand Slams feel Osaka's media blackout gives her an "unfair advantage" over her competitors" I think it a bunch of malarkey!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/naomi-o...160430281.html
Sorry, Oprah's series is The Me You Can't See.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote