Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
I'm not a Christian and this is difficult for me to wrap my head around.
Does the "misunderstanding' begin with Jesus and where does this leave Christians?
Is salvation yours no matter what you do as long as you believe in God, or even if you don't?

I realize "religion" is a very delicate subject and I mean no offence by my question. I really am interested.
Lol I can talk about religion all day!

Jesus is actually very clear on this, the entire Sola Fide doctrine comes from the Epistles, which were written after Jesus was dead.

The doctrine itself teaches that the get out of Hell free card only works if one's Christian faith is sincerely held. And Jesus teaches that most of the people who think they are Christians will not be recognized at the Pearly Gates. Most people's faith will be revealed as insincere and they'll have to get on the down elevator.

ALSO Jesus says that a sincerely held faith will manifest in the fruits of the spirit: charity, joy, peace, patience, benignity (kindness), goodness, longanimity (forbearance), mildness (gentleness), faith, modesty, continency (self-control), and chastity.

So, even though you can't earn salvation by doing virtuous things, your salvation with make you virtuous automatically, and you'll do virtuous things anyway.

Jerry is not manifesting many fruits, so his card probably won't work.