Old 08-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #430
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

6 more days of summer for me and then DAY ONE.

It's cool that I already went in and copied syllabi and we don't have any pre-school meetings, so I can eke out my summer holiday to the very end.

I have a Grade 9, Grade 12, and Grade 11 (English) this semester--different levels of ability, and I'm really looking forward to the mix of students. We have the International Baccalaureate program at our school, so the school has a really diverse population of academic (not to mention socio/economic) levels. I could teach all IB, but I really enjoy teaching different levels and getting to know all different types of students. I have a good time with them and feel really lucky that I still enjoy my job so much. The kids can really tell when their teachers WANT to be there with them and makes all the difference in terms of classroom management and motivation etc.

Oh, if anyone has any cool Icebreakers or something neat you do on the first day, please pass along. I usually do a writing sample, but I'd like to do something fun too! Thanks and best to all in their new school year!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post: