Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Cooking for one or two is a problem for lots of folks. Another problem I have run into is folks who will not eat leftovers... really? leftovers taste better than the first servings.

So here are a few other ideas that occured to me.

Get a group of friends together and do a reverse potluck. Everyone brings a dish (main course) enough for all who attend... then divide the spoils. That way you only cook one main dish and get several in return. Even if you only did it once a month, it would cut down on meals eaten out or drive thru crap. There are lots of recipes out there for dishes that can be made ahead and frozen.

I used to have a stash of recipes that you can make ahead and just add a few fresh ingredients, and voila` instant food. Check your local library.

Another idea is to cook up your meats ahead of time. Since meat usually takes the longest to cook, doing it ahead will cut your cook time. Just add fresh or frozen veggies. The more fresh/raw food you add to your meals, the less you have to cook at all.

Cook potatoes in a crock pot, you can use them for hashbrowns, mashed, throw in quick soups, potatoe pancakes. Throw some yams in there too.

Cook a pot of beans, divide up and freeze.

You could also start a group that meets once a week at each other's home, share a meal, and cut costs for food and prep time.

So Monday go to Fran's house for chinese, Tuesday go to Mike's for grilled chicken, Wednesday go to Lila's for her famous swedish meatballs, you get the idea. That way you only cook ONE DAY A WEEK... Bam. homecooked meals, you can't beat that.....
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post: