How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

when i was in college i addressed professors by their title and tas by their first name (mostly because we were in a lot of classes together as students). when i was in grad school i addressed everyone by their first name, though it took me some time to adjust. in every other job i've always addressed bosses and coworkers by their first name.

nowadays i work for myself and i address just about everyone by their first name. i'm a pretty informal person and i prefer to relate to people on a human level, without a lot of power plays, so i don't like it when people address me by titles either.

i mean, i'm a southerner at heart and i ma'am and sir most folks older than me, but i can't think of any situations offhand now where i address people by titles anymore...i'm on a first name basis even with most of my doctors now. i grew up addressing people by their titles and it took several years of being in situations where it was normal to address everyone by their first name for me to start being okay with it. especially at church and places like that.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post: