How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I agree with you LM. I watch BBC news to find out what is going on here because they report all the stuff our media squashes.

Balloon Boy was the perfect example of how "news" has turned into a dog and pony show that is akin to 24/7 reality t.v.

In winter of 2004 I was not sleeping much due to medical issues. I had the tv on and at about 3 a.m. up pops a report of a 1.5 mile mushroom cloud over North Korea. A few minutes later Condeleeza Rice is on saying that yes it was a huge mushroom cloud (you could see it on satellite) but she was confident it was NOT a nuclear testing incident.

I fell asleep and woke back up at around 7 a.m. and no mention of the mushroom cloud anywhere. I searched online and found ONE reference to it, but that site was closed for maintenance when I refreshed the page. I watched every channel I could for three days and it was like the whole thing never happened. It was a huge moment of clarity for me that a one and half mile wide mushroom cloud over a country that was illegally making nukes could disappear into the abyss and be covered.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote