Converse

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Married

2 Highscores

Converse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
Very interesting Converse....

I would actually say that my situation is just the opposite. Being born and raised in the deep south, I have known only bias, homophobia, predjudice, and shame on the note of being accepted here for being gay. I have had to hide my entire life.

The older I get the more I want to be a part of a community that doesn't look at me as a freak. I lived for a short time last summer in New Mexico. Talk about a culture shock, and in a good way. No one gave a crap that I was gay and people there didn't get all "bug eyed" when I walked into a restaurant with my partner. I yearn for that freedom and peace.

I live here because my family is here....simple truth. But, I won't forever and I can't wait until I can actually be part of a open community where I am no longer an outsider and freak. This site helps, online helps. But, isolated? you betcha....and I hate it.

Someday though, maybe someday.....things will be different.
princessbelle- I hear what you are saying. I have never lived anywhere that was blatantly homophobic- I have traveled through (and I must say much quicker than was originally planned) places where I have felt unsafe simply by the way I looked. I don’t think I could do it for any length of time and still be able to retain any form of sanity. Where do you think you would head to, if the option was available? (And do you think they are ready for your arrival- given that you have been in hiding so long, I’m picturing some serious celebrations)
The Following User Says Thank You to Converse For This Useful Post: