Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
I did something shameful.

I would sometimes drive to the closest major city that had a large queer community (multiple times) with my rainbow sticker on (it was one where you can just peel it off) and took it off when I drove back home to my smaller town.

I work for a Catholic School Board. (which is actually PUBLICLY funded due complicated reasons). I still burn with redness that I actually reached back and peeled it off before I hit my city--my apt. was very close to my school at the time.

There's more shame than that but I wanted to share that feeling of peeling off the sticker--when I had my first queer relationship--so NO ONE would KNOW that I had a female lover.

Thanks for sharing your stories of rainbow/queer stickers or visible signs of being part of the LGBTQI community.
Nothing shameful here at all. Looks like surviving to me.

I no longer have any stickers on my vechiles at all and I live 25 minutes from San Francisco! The very same night that the butch in Richmond, CA (a couple of miles from my city) was kidknapped and gang raped, then left for dead, I had a piece of a heavy-duty wrench thrown at me while on the freeway. This was after the punks in the car got pissed at me for something on the road (have no idea). They were riding my butt and I had several queer related stickers on my truck. When they pulled beside me, I thought a gun was staring at my face.

Turned out that they had just entered the freeway at the exit near this where this woman was found. They fit the profile of two of the suspects and this occured at the time of the crime. I did call in the license (did not know about the rape at the time) and have been interviewed by the Richmond PD. These young men are intertwined in this crime.

If this happened to me where I live, I sure am not going to judge you or anyone in any negative light! I have learned that there is really no safe zone when it comes to homophobia.

Last edited by AtLast; 09-15-2010 at 03:53 PM.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: