Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
I agree with you 100%. Do people really think that these words they write are going to vanish say 5 yrs from now? What if lets say they were going to be hired for a job. The new way of finding out someones character is to hunt them down online. Now I know we all have screen names here but who knows what some employers are able to find if they have the right people searching?
A good point to make- I don't agree with employers being able to do this, but, look at how many cases there have been in which forensic computer searching has been used by employers- especially in public employment.

There is a parent that is a neighbor of mine that is way active in school district issues, etc. and she has told me that her kid's school district most certainly has discussed doing this! Although, I don't know that I can trust this- she sort of strikes me as angry with teachers/schools in general. I don't know her well at all.

I would think that this would be illegal- or at least could be fought by unions representing this district's employees. But, with budget cuts always hanging in the air and ways to cut personnel and programs- who knows!

Some of this stuff is done under "consulting" or "background checks." I do know that installing software that traces employee use is legal for employers in many cases. Why take the chance!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote