christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

I, like Novela, am loving the paper bag flooring idea! I'm pretty handy, and after having restored an 1860's house, am pretty fearless about trying new things. Worse comes to worse, just be prepared to pay a professional to complete something if I am in over my head...

That being said, I googled this for a couple of hours after I saw Dominque's post... WOW... there are a lot of applications for this idea... one woman has done not just floors, but also a counter-top... and seeing her followup posts and pictures, she has shown how its held up after 6 months or so of use... I will be heading to HomoDepot to find supplies to experiment with... will let you know how it turns out and if we decide to try it on a room...

Sorry about the slight derail, but I can be hyperfocused when it comes to something that combines DIY AND the craftiness in me!

Back to cleaning... I tried the white vinegar as a rinse aid in the dishwasher yesterday... I was really pleased with the results!

For air-freshening... we have a bagless vacuum and place ground cinnamon in the canister before we vacuum... its pretty cost-effective if you get the mondo-size at Costco!

I also use lemons/limes/any citrus in the garbage disposal... run some hot water while you are grinding them up and it is an instant blast of freshness!
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post: