Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,691 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
As I recently posted in another thread, the boi has lung cancer. We went to the first appointment with his pulmonologist today. The doctor showed us the x-ray; the mass is 10-15 cm in diameter, in hys right lung.

This is all so familiar, and not in a good way. I want to be there to support hym, but it sure is bringing back some bad memories.
((((((((((((((((((((((((Georgia))))))))))))))))))

This IS a hard thing to see happening to a loved one, and yes, it DOES evoke one's own memories/experiences/diagnosis.

Just try to take it one step/day at a time. The visits initially are fast & furious, as it tantamount they get the stage then put a plan together. While we want them to "hurry up"...there are so many variables to consider for each person, as their "cancer" is unique to them. So, "specifics" are very important to create that plan. Patience is key, as you & I know. BUT I also know how scared one can be, with a whole spectrum of other emotions, going on. Hearing the C word scares the crap out of folks. I withdrew to myself for a week when I was diagnosed 12/2009 and told NO ONE.I had to ride that rollercoaster of emotions, thoughts, feelings....acceptance/denial/projection/etc etc and over again. IN NO ORDER!

I will stand with you from afar & offer gentle hugs, encouragement, support, a shoulder/ear.....just know you are NOT technically alone in this. We here will be with you. I know I will.

Allow yourself the time to absorb, digest, and come to terms with this as well. IT won't be easy, but you are NOT alone. Gentle hugs for you & the boi!!