View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,915 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

Over the years, being on both sides of the equation, I've discovered that sometimes I must walk away from a toxic situation or person. In the past this has been, and even now at times, incredibly difficult to do -- particularly for those (like me) who have an inherent urge to "fix" things.

These days I endeavor to live in the present, be positive and supportive (without being a Pollyanna), and also to actively seek out and/or accept the positive people and situations when they are presented.

I am also much better at choosing my battles.

In general, editing my life in this way has helped me to feel both more grounded and vigilant when the really important (and sometimes uncontrollable) life events and disagreements come along.

P.S. Sometimes scorched earth is just that -- and it's better to move on and look for greener pastures.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post: