View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 09:06 PM   #29
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Ticks are blood-sucking tanks that sink themselves into your skin and NEVER let go. They make a big swollen spot where they feed on your blood, and poison you. You itch like crazy. They can fly and jump under your clothes, and into your private parts, which they especially love. I've had them in my hair, ears, under my breast, around my vagina, and yesterday, found one in my bellybutton! Even though I protect myself with clothing, they stay on my working clothes until I wear them again. I must check my clothes better! They are round brown with legs all around. I stomped on one about ten times, and that sucker still didn't die. Maybe kittygrrl will pic a tick. The only way to get rid of these suckers is with fire! If you just pick them off, their head will still stay in you. Use the tip of a match or knife, or anything sharp, put in a fire, and touch it's back. It should jump off. If it don't, slide something thin under it too. With the one deep in my bellybutton, I had to maneuver a 10 magnifying mirror, tweezers, and light to see it, and pull it out. The itch and lump will still be in me for weeks. I HATE THEM! If you don't have fire to kill them, you can suffocate them with vasoline, or get in a bathtub, with as hot as you can stand it water, and drown them. Rant over.
When I was a child, I remember every night at bedtime being check for ticks when I was visiting in Escanaba Michigan at my grandparents! I only got one or two but I remember them burning them with fire.
Sort of made an impression and maybe that's another reason I'm not a big fan or camping or other outdoor activities!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: