Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I have a little bit of trouble with his canteen choice, to me you should buy a steel container first, that you can boil water in. You can't always depend on portable water or water tablets to get you by. Boiling water is a basic you should know how to do. Also it's not a bad idea to build a filter. I've done it in the past with charcoal, sand, and gravel. You layer it then run your water thru it a few times. This is something you can do with the raw materials you can find near your water source and might get you by if by any chance you can't boil your water. If you're interested in a link, you tube has many of them. I'll post one if I think of it later..happy bushcrafting!