Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I use the dishwasher to sanitize keys on a key ring holder (minus the fob key, that's the gizmo that either unlocks your car doors or acts as an remote starter) and tooth brushes, on a weekly basis. I do the keys separately from dishes, using a regular dishwashing tablet.

But when I sanitize the tooth brush or my hair combs or brushes (make sure you remove hair from the bush and comb), I still use the dishwashing tablet, but during the final rinse cycle, I add a splash of White Vinegar, so it totally neutralizes microbes that might still exist.

I don't use the White Vinegar for treating the keys, though. Not sure why, but if I want to be doubly sure the keys are germ free, I use a cotton ball soaked with Isopropyl Alcohol.

It's just one way to limit bacteria or microbes from living on common surface items we use everyday. Especially if flu or cold season is active or for any other reason, it's just a good idea to have clean keys and tooth brushes.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: