Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
The Modern Family Cookbook - from the 1950's, it was one of those how-to-do-everything for new brides cookbooks, from how to make bridge party snacks to how to singe a chicken and rub with soda to get the pin feathers out. Some of it is no longer applicable with today's modern foods, but it's still a solid source of information and basic recipes.

Low-Fat Soul by Jonell Nash - Back when low-fat was the craze, Jonell Nash de-fatted a lot of her favorite family recipes. It is full of delicious things, and has my go-to recipe for greens.

Also, a bunch of church and school cookbooks with contributed favorite family recipes. I love both the ones from my own geographic area, and from other areas, too. There's always something delicious in these.

YESSSSS!! Church cookbooks are the best...especially in the South! My Granny always participated in a church cookbook and had her recipe for the famous "Hot Pineapple Salad" published several times and people always raved about it.
I've found them to be great for yummy desserts, breads, and old-school items like okra relish and muscadine jelly. YUMMMMMM.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: