Thread: Bushcraft
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 11:44 PM   #73
Signmypapyrus

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Signmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST Reputation

Ah, this is a great thread! I lived remotely in MT and only had a wood stove— no bathroom, no kitchen, nothing (I had access to them). I haven’t primitively camped since 2011, but I want to since I live in CO and live near WY and MT (MT is my personal fave). I’m also planning solitary trips to Iceland and a longer trip to Mongolia.

Question: In the winter on short hikes (like 5 miles), I hike in my Ariat H2O All Terrains. I like them since they give me good arch support and they’re water proof. I am thinking of buying a different boot. I have awful arches and ankles from riding horses. Suggestions?