Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
A combination of solar and wind energy would be ideal unfortunately solar panels although more affordable now that ever before would be one of the most expensive up front costs for a homestead but wind is definitely something i'm going to look into!! .. I'm also planning on either a burn or composting toilet which is a little expensive initially but in the long run the smaller cost of maintaining would make it worthwhile. Insofar as weather...Chad you have me there, Alaska in winter averages 10 below..but it makes up for it in Spring and Summer with lots of sun (70's & 80's) and they grow the sweetest peas and carrots in the world that will spoil you forever to vegetables grown elsewhere...

Alaska?? Burrr!
Wetlands are good at processing waste too.

Lots of yummy seafood in Alaska.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote