Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Almost summer!

It's time for snacks/treats to cool us down. I recently bought a popsicle mold, the shape of watermelon slices. First time I made some, they were as solid as an ice cube. I wanted a fruit bar!

WHY IS IT CALLED A POPSICLE?
It seems so fitting that the first popsicle was invented by an 11-year-old boy, Frank Epperson. In 1905 he left a cup filled with water, soda powder, and a wooden stick for stirring, outside on his porch. It was a very chilly night in Oakland California and he woke to a frozen treat! The rest is history!

FRUIT BASED POPSICLES
Choose ripe and juicy fresh fruit and berries to puree in a blender. Make your own fun flavor combinations! Here are some suggestions.

Mango
Pineapple
Strawberries
Blueberries
Raspberries
Honeydew
Cucumber
Orange
Banana
Watermelon
Papaya

Add in a liquid and a sweetener. Juice or water both work as a liquid for fruit-based pops. For sweetener, add honey, sugar or stevia to the mix

CREAM BASED POPSICLES
Cream-based pops are also delicious. Use a base like heavy cream, yogurt, almond milk, or coconut milk.

FREEZING
Popsicles will take about 8 hours to fully freeze. It’s best to leave them overnight to have enough time to properly freeze.

HOW TO UNMOLD A POPSICLE
This part can be a little tricky and the last thing you want are broken popsicles after you have waited all night for them to freeze!

The best way to remove the popsicles is to run the bottom of the mold under warm water for about 2 minutes.

Gently pull on the popsicle stick to remove. If it still feels hard to get out, run the mold underwater again. It will come out pretty easily when it’s ready.

I'm going to try this blueberry creamsicle.
My version:
Heavy cream, honey, a little vanilla. Swirl that up in my smoothie maker. Pour into molds and drop in (lots) blueberries.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post: