Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I still sew but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Not sure why. I learned in high school (I was able to take sewing and typing to avoid PE ) and at the knees of my mother and sister.

Over the last couple years I've mostly made curtains, aprons, and some lovely pillows. I want to make a quilt but need a guide. Will check out youtube on putting a quilt together.

A couple years ago I got a Janome JW8100 that I love. It replaced a 30+ year old Singer machine and it's a huge improvement. Everything is easy-peasy and works as it should. Compared to my old machine it's a brave new world, but I don't know how it would size up to other machines on the market.

I don't have a favorite stitch and there are so many to choose from.

Thanks for bumping this thread. Will let y'all know if I take on any projects!

Orema!!
I have missed your posts!! I hope to be around here more

My Mom had a sewing machine and I remember her making a couple of things for me when I was a child but she never really wanted to teach me and I never really wanted to learn from her. I did, however, want to learn from my Grandmother but she wasn't sewing much by the time I wizened up so I am mostly self-taught.
I have a purse in progress right now and 2 skirts and I have my eye on a really nice travel bag if I don't get frustrated and give up

AND my beloved aprettydress and I are making the same skirt together so we can compare notes.

Might be fun for us all to compare notes and show our projects as we work

xoxo
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: