Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I sew, poorly and only simple things, but well enough to suit friends and family. My machine is an old beat up Brother. Nothing fancy, it's so old anymore to replace a few simple parts would cost me more than what I originally paid for the machine. It had been in storage for a while and when I hauled it out I couldn't find the piece that holds the bobbin, whatever that's called, so I went online in search of one. I couldn't believe the price of things. LOL maybe I should just part it out.

GIRLLLLL. My original machine was a Brother and I pulled it out several months ago to get back into the habit. Needless to say, it was in dire need of service and had some parts that needed to be replaced and it basically is exactly what you said and would have cost more to fix it up than it was worth.

JD treated me to this one a few weeks ago:

https://www.janome.com/machines/sewing/4120qdc/

It basically does EVERYTHING and sews like hot butter! I have never used a machine that was so smooth and quiet!!

A good machine makes a lot of difference but I will tell you, we have JD's Mother's Singer from the late 1960s and it has all metal parts and my sewing teacher (yes, we hired one! LOL) says it's one of the best machines ever made. It's simple and doesn't do anything fancy but it's a workhorse!

I am SO DELIGHTED to be talking sewing with you all!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: