View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 06:27 PM   #20
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Wow that's a nice machine. My mother still has her old Singer and it still runs well after all these decades. She didn't think much of the new Singers so she just kept hanging on to the old one. Eventually, reluctantly she purchased a Janome as her eyesight started to give. She'll probably favor her old Singer till the day she dies though and she still uses it for certain things.

My great grandmother was an army seamstress and she taught my mother to sew. She and my mother both – excellent seamstresses. Growing up my mother made elaborate wedding gowns. She hated it. Only did it when we really needed the money. She doesn't like brides. Well except for her daughters because if we don't behave she can always stab us and not go to jail or prison for it.

She tried to teach me. People assumed since she was so good at it I would be too. So when my mother said no she didn't want to often times they'd ask me to, even offer to pay me. Mom how do I make it stop? Here make a pot holder for her daughter as a wedding shower gift. That's all it took. Anytime I made a potholder for someone they never offered to pay me to sew anything for them ever again.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post: