Old 03-14-2022, 07:11 PM   #38
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel C. View Post
We've been using a meal delivery service for a couple months. We choose a few meals, they send the ingredients and recipe. We LOVE it!!! I enjoy the fact that I don't have to plan anything, shop for anything, or even think really. I whip out the recipe card and the ingredients and make myself follow instructions for 30-45 minutes. There have been healthy options and tasty options, sometimes even in the same meal. I feel like the menus are fully vetted so there is probably less anxiety than if I was choosing something online. How do you choose a recipe....is it something you've eaten then looked up on-line so you can make it yourself? Something you've seen on TV? Something based on ingredients you have in your kitchen? I find recipe-hunting intimidating so having limited choices each week (maybe 15 recipes to choose from) helps me.

We haven't had much success with the pork entrees (tenderloins, chops, etc.). I'm thinking we overcook by cooking too long or having heat too high. We probably need to try a meat thermometer. Anyone had success cooking with pork want to give us tips?
I have friends that get Hello Fresh and the meals have been really good. Sear initially on a higher heat but turn it down to finish the cook when using a stovetop and make sure to let it rest. It'll be juicier if you do. When baking, keep the time short and the temperature up (15 min and 425 degrees or somewhere in that ballpark). The meat thermometer should read 145 degrees. Also, when baking, put it in the pan so the fat side is up so as the fat melts, it will baste the meat.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: