View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #61
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:
very married lesbian couple-there are two of us that use this site

Thanked 1,579 Times in 517 Posts
lionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
I am mad for birds. I've owned and bred birds. I'm an avid bird watcher.

StoneFinn, could that be a Garganey or an Australian Wood Duck? It's hard to tell because it's a black and white. My third guess is the Pacific Black Duck.

I love playing the "id this bird" game, by the way.

Wildest bird I've ever seen was when I was very young. It was a Sunday morning in Monroe, LA (southern United States). Our neighbor came knocking on our door to "Come see."

In his live oak tree sat a HUGE white bird.

It was a Snowy Owl who'd apparently taken a heck of a wrong turn somewhere. She or he was gorgeous.

I've seen some other unusual birds in my day. I want to get a birding book and do some serious, binoculars-in-hand, early-freaking-morning birding.
Ditto....I love birdwatching too......When we lived in Seattle, I use to have several feeders and the different kinds of birds native to the area would just come from everywhere......It was funny watching the birds and the squirrels in the feeders too.....
lionpaw is offline   Reply With Quote